Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Travel Blues 1st Day - Second part

Muscat International Airport -- Day 1 9.20 AM

Out of the immigration check, straight in to terminal. someone told me that weather will be a little cold during october, so there i was ... wearing a jacket under the steaming hot sun.. i heard a few giggles too....from few onlookers. ..well
f@k them...

I came out and the cab driver was no where to be found. i roamed around here n there looking for him , and there is no way he can reach me as i have no working mobile with me at that time. there was only one logical thing to do and here comes the language barrier. even though, most of them can understand english or hindi.... i see a weird look on their face when ever i ask them where can i get a calling card to use the pay phone. "I Blame the Dress" .. Finally got some 2 rial card... i had only dollars with me at that time..and that guy at the reception used his own conversion rate.... donno how much i got ripped off...but reaching my destination safe was my first priority, so took the card called up the cab and reached my destination....muscat is damn hot...!!

Road from airport to CBD was awesome. Everywhere i look there were mountains...and only mountains.... I got a glance of the sea on the way ... heard there are few beaches too....but aint that popular it seems... arrghhh..!!anyways I wasnt expecting to see one and two pieces in omani beaches either..!! kind of making up your mind that you ll never see those well before coming to this place... immensly helps... atleast when you see one... u get to scream ... "I saw one".. "I saw one"..!! :)

Well i crashed in the hotel...slept for few hours... and then roamed around the place where i was staying.... surprisingly almost everyone here speaks hindi.... hmm...thats it for the first day...
and damn the cable isn't working in my room....

I know this is such a boring post... but my life is not all exciting all the time.... the much better things happened afterwards..watch out for more..

No comments:

Post a Comment